Is AKKO Property Coverage a legitimate company?
AKKO is a startup! But we are indeed a legitimate, California incorporated, and insured organization whose product and services include personal property coverage backed by Allmerica Financial Benefit Insurance Company, a member of Hanover Insurance, a $5 Billion U.S. publicly traded and “A” Rated Insurance company that has been around since 1852.
AKKO was founded in 2018 initially approved for covering college students only with this unique coverage plan that protects all of your eligible personal items for only one simple and affordable monthly fee.
After working with a few large college organizations, AKKO began the process to get the same amazing coverage plan approved to sell to anyone.
At the start of 2020, we soft-launched our AKKO Adult Plan! And now we’re trying to spread the word fast so people can start protecting the stuff they care about and rely on in an affordable and easy way.
AKKO’s primary focus is on making insurance easy and pleasant for the customer.
When accidents or theft happens, the last thing you as the customer should have to deal with is MORE negativity and frustration…
With AKKO, there are:
– No hidden fees
– No long lists of coverage exclusions
– No restrictions on how old the stuff is you want to cover (or whether you purchased it used)
– No long phone waits when you file a claim or need assistance
– and no months long wait to actually get reimbursement for your losses…
We’re doing things different and are excited for you to try out our platform, get to know our company and team, and be able to say “Thank goodness I had AKKO…” when life’s bad and “oops” moments happen to you. :)
AKKO Adult PlanAccidental Damage & Theft Protection
- Add (1) phone + 25 items*
- $100 Deductibles for any claim
- $2,000 limit per claim*
Upgradeable to $10,000
- Unlimited claims
- Apple Store repairs covered*
- "A" Rated Coverage by Allmerica Insurance