Can I sign up for an AKKO Plan to repair my already damaged phone or electronics?
NO. Unfortunately that’s not how insurance works… :(
If you have any items that are currently broken (cracked phone screen, water damaged laptop, etc.) then you CAN NOT sign up and then file a claim to have those items fixed.
For an item to be eligible for coverage, you must:
1) have an active AKKO Plan and
2) have the item’s information uploaded to your account along with pictures of it in working and/or un-damaged condition. This means the screen must be able to power on, and you’ve taken photos of the item in accordance with the instructions within your account based on the item you are adding.
Then, if something happens to any of your items in the future, they’re covered!
However, if you do have an item that’s currently already damaged, sign up for an AKKO Plan now so that the next time some mishap happens, we’ll cover it!
AKKO Adult PlanAccidental Damage & Theft Protection
- Add (1) phone + 25 items*
- $100 Deductibles for any claim
- $2,000 limit per claim*
Upgradeable to $10,000
- Unlimited claims
- Apple Store repairs covered*
- "A" Rated Coverage by Allmerica Insurance